MCCI The Search for W.I.N.N.E.Rs
(Women In Need, Now Entrepreneurs and Role models)
The Mandaue Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Partnership with the USC College of Commerce Alumni Association, Inc. KNN Project through the USC – School of Businessand Economics Center for Entrepreneurship & Lifelong Learning conducted a Business Planning Seminar in guiding the 79 micro-entrepreneurs representing the 27 Barangays of Mandaue City.
The whole day Business Planning Seminar was held at the USC Mission Center last July 16, 2011 in preparation for the Search for W.I.N.N.E.Rs (Women In Need, Now Entrepreneurs and Rolemodels) one of the lined up events for the Mandaue Business Month 2011. In the photo is MCCI Board of Trustee Ms. Carmel de Pio-Salvador, who is also the Chairman of the Search for W.I.N.N.E.Rs while mentoring the micro-entrepreneurs as part of advocacy of empowering people through education and entrepreneurship.
The Search for W.I.N.N.E.Rs (Women In Need, Now Entrepreneurs and Role models)
“How important it is to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes.” – Maya Angelou
The Search for WINNERs is a quest for women micro-entrepreneurs from Mandaue City who are supporting their families and are struggling to rise from poverty through their small business ventures.
The Mandaue Chamber of Commerce and Industry in partnership with the local government of Mandaue City opens this search for the model women entrepreneurs whose stories of courage perseverance and creativity will inspire other women to be empowered.
The Chamber believes that entrepreneurship promotes economic growth, reduce poverty and enhance women’s well-being. This effort is our contribution to ending poverty and hopelessness one woman at a time.
The winners will be given cash prizes which will be used as additional capital for their existing businesses plus a chance to be mentored by other successful women entrepreneurs from the MCCI. They will also be given additional trainings on entrepreneurship through the Kapamilya Negosyo Na (KNN) — a partnership program of the University of San Carlos Alumni Association and the ABS-CBN. They will also be given a make-over by the leading cosmetic sponsor of the contest.
- Must be a certified resident of Mandaue City
- Must be engaged in a micro-enterprise
- Must be 25-45 years old
- Must not be a government official
- All barangays will nominate five (5) women entrepreneurs to represent their barangays.
- Each representative will fill out the Application Forms which will be provided by MCCI.
- The representatives will then be called for a Preliminary Screening where representatives from the LGU and MCCI will choose only ONE representative for EVERY barangay.
- The chosen women entrepreneurs will go through a MAKEOVER with the sponsors.
- Each woman entrepreneur will have their stories and interviews documented in a 2minute AVP.
- There will be a public voting to declare the People’s Choice.
- Each representative will walk the runway after the AVP stories are played showing their real life and their appearance before the makeover.
- The judges will choose 10 finalists.
- The Finalists will go through Q&A.
- The judges will choose one grand winner and the 1st and 2nd runner up from the 10 finalists.