Mandaue Business Month 2011
The Mandaue Business Month (MBM) is an annual business celebration spearheaded by MCCI in cooperation with the local governments to highlight public-private partnership.
This annual event aims to bring forth and showcase the best economic, social and cultural endowments and potentials of Mandaue City, the premier industrial hub of the South.
For the year 2011, the celebration becomes more prestigious and grand in partnership with the local government of Mandaue City and the Province of Cebu and shall pave the way to a series of events and activities aimed to inspire, educate and advocate for sustainable, environment-friendly business practices while achieving growth.
The Mandaue Business Month 2011 takes on the road in leading the business community towards greening Earth.
- To inspire the public by showcasing innovative practices and technologies to improve their lives and the community;
- To educate the business community on new approaches and innovations that would help businesses achieve their growth without destroying Earth;
- To advocate that Mandauehanons and Cebuanos, as a whole, adopt a sustainable and environment-friendly way of living; and
- To inspire the spirit of entrepreneurship among Cebuanos using innovative approaches.
- Mandaue City Clean Up (August 6, 2011)
- Photo Exhibit: MCCI Through The Years (August 8-13 – Ayala Center, August 14-20 – Parkmall)
- Obra Negosyo Eskwela Exhibit (August 5-15, 2011 | CICC)
- One Cebu Business & Sustainability Summit (August 9, 2011 | CICC)
- Launch of Obra Negosyo Eskwela Season 2 (August 9, 2011)
- Ecowalk: Sustainability In Style (August 17, 2011)
- OVANTA: Outstanding Ventures And New Technological Alternatives Exhibition (August 17-19 – Ayala Center, August 20-22 – Parkmall)
- Trees Brew Life (August 20, 2011)
- Search for W.I.N.N.E.Rs (Women In Need, Now Entrepreneurs and Role Models) (August 24, 2011)
- Surgical Dental Mission (August 27, 2011)
Mandaue City Clean Up (August 6)
To open this year’s Mandaue Business Month, MCCI with the Mandaue City Government will initiate and mobilize a city-wide clean-up which will run every weekend of August. All households, government and private offices will be mandated to clean up, most specially, their frontyard.
Photo Exhibit: MCCI Through The Years (August 8-13 – Ayala Center, August 14-20 – Parkmall)
MCCI will showcase its 46 years in a photo exhibit that will begin in Ayala Center and will move to Parkmall this August.
Obra Negosyo Eskwela Exhibit (August 5-15 | CICC)
All sixteen towns and municipalities who joined the Province of Cebu and MCCI’s Obra Negosyo Eskwela Project will showcase the products that have undergone the transformation as a result of the business plans implemented in the program.
One Cebu Business & Sustainability Summit (August 9 | CICC)
Together with its partners, the Provincial Government of Cebu, the Local Government of Mandaue City and the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, this year’s One Cebu Business & Sustainability Summit. This year’s focus is on Innovative Entrepreneurship: Paving the Way to a Sustainable Economy and will showcase innovative success stories and best practices of individuals and organizations in the area of entrepreneurship. This event is also in cooperation with Ateneo Graduate School of Business and Go Negosyo.
Launch of Obra Negosyo Eskwela Season 2 (August 9, 2011 | CICC)
The first Obra Negosyo Eskwela had such tremendous impact to the lives of all its stakeholders and thus, MCCI, with the Province of Cebu takes on a second season to help more local micro-entrepreneurs with their businesses.
OVANTA: Outstanding Ventures And New Technological Alternatives Exhibition (August 17-19 – Ayala Center, August 20-22 – Parkmall)
OVANTA 2011 is one of MBM’s freshest offering. Designed to inspire green initiatives among Mandauehanons or in fact, the Cebuanos, this exhibition will showcase new global green technology and alternatives as well as note-worthy green initiatives, business practices of select organizations and local government units.
A first and only one of its kind, OVANTA shall surely tickle the GREEN MIND in you.
Trees Brew Life (August 20, 2011)
In partnership with San Miguel Corporation, MCCI takes its members and partners to plant trees for a greener tomorrow for Mandaue.
Search for W.I.N.N.E.Rs (Women In Need, Now Entrepreneurs and Role Models) (August 24, 2011)
Another first in this year’s MBM is the Search for WINNERS (Women In Need, Now Entrepreneurs and Role models). Twenty-seven (27) women entrepreneurs from Mandaue City’s barangays will go through personality make-over and business mentorship to compete for the cash prizes to augment their business capitalization.
Surgical Dental Mission (August 27, 2011)
In partnership with the Jaycees International (JCI) Mandaue and the Mandaue City Health Office, MBM’s fourth Medical Mission will focus on addressing the Surgical and Dental needs of the less fortunate Mandauehanon families.
Eco-Walk—Sustainability in Style
(September 2, 2011 | Oakridge Pavillion)
MCCI in partnership with Anthill and the University of San Carlos College of Fine Arts & Architecture will showcase the creativity and ingenuity of Cebu’s young and rising designers with a runway walk of clothes, bags and accessories made of eco-friendly, and indigenous materials.