Thirteen of the 25 aspirants of the Men in Business (MIB) Season 2 passed through the initial elimination round of the program. The selection was held last April 13 at the San Miguel Brewery Inc. 1521 room.
MIB is organized through the partnership of the Mandaue Chamber of Commerce and Industry and San Miguel Brewery Inc. With the aim of inspiring and giving second chances to men to become entrepreneurs, MIB is designed for men ages 40 to 55 years old who are heads of families, displaced from work, and do not have the chance to get a regular job.
The program aims to use micro-enterprise as a launchpad for providing opportunities to the man in the family using San Miguel products as a value proposition in the business model. MIB provides a working framework for solving poverty and unemployment at the barangay level.
The panel judges of the first elimination round are:
- Pia Jean Velasquez-Seno – Cebu Daily News
- Alice Uy – JACE Handicrafts International
- Mae Ann Yee – Purple Chalk Training & Marketing
- Girlie Garces – San Miguel Brewery
- Janet Montenegro – The Freeman News
- Amado Go – Cenapro Chemical Corp.
- Glenn Soco – GA Satellite Ventures
- Jeruel Roa – Blue Laundry Service
- Philip N. Tan – Wellmade Motors & Development Corp.